Promise is the Senior Partner of the firm having joined in 1990 after obtaining his BL (Hons),LLB (UZ) from the University of Zimbabwe. He specializes in the Commercial and Corporate portfolio of the firm’s work. His responsibilities therefore encompass a full range of services involved in the myriad of legal requirements in the Commercial and Corporate field. To name but a few, he handles the corporate portfolio in respect of Rights Offers, Mergers and Acquisitions; Company formations and Restructuring Banking and Financial Services and Drafting and Vetting Commercial Agreements. Promise also sits in several Boards, such as:
1. Chairman of the Law Society of Zimbabwe Board of Trustees from 2011 to date.
2. Zimbabwe Rhodes Scholarship Board from June 2010 to date.
3. Falcon College Board Member from March 2005 to date.
4. Mineral Development (Private) Limited Board Member from August 2010 to 2012.
5. Adventist Development and Relief Agency Zimbabwe (ADRA) Board Member.
6. Suburbs Squash Club Board of Trustees Member from March 2009 to date.
Chipo graduated from the University of Zimbabwe in 2003 where she obtained a Bachelor of Laws Honours (LLBS). She has eleven years experience in private practice. She did her pupilage with Messrs Cheda and Partners prior to joining Coghlan and Welsh in 2011. Chipo specializes in Commercial and Labour law.
Norman graduated from the University of Zimbabwe in 2006 with a Bachelor of Laws Honors (LLBS). He first entered private practice in 2006 when he joined Messrs Cheda and Partners. He subsequently joined Coghlan & Welsh in 2011. Through the years, he has become vastly experienced in various fields and aspects of the law. His keen interest however lies in corporate litigation, liquidations and Contract law.
The Entire Staff Team