Promise is the Senior Partner of the firm having joined in 1990 after obtaining his BL (Hons),LLB (UZ) from the University of Zimbabwe. He specializes in the Commercial and Corporate portfolio of the firm’s work. His responsibilities therefore encompass a full range of services involved in the myriad of legal requirements in the Commercial and Corporate field. To name but a few, he handles the corporate portfolio in respect of Rights Offers, Mergers and Acquisitions; Company formations and Restructuring Banking and Financial Services and Drafting and Vetting Commercial Agreements. Promise also sits in several Boards, such as:
- Chairman of the Law Society of Zimbabwe Board of Trustees from 2011 to date.
- Zimbabwe Rhodes Scholarship Board from June 2010 to date.
- Falcon College Board Member from March 2005 to date.
- Mineral Development (Private) Limited Board Member from August 2010 to 2012.
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency Zimbabwe (ADRA) Board Member.
- Suburbs Squash Club Board of Trustees Member from March 2009 to date.
- Zimbabwe International Trade Fair Company from March 2017 to date Current Deputy Chairman.
- Ecobank Zimbabwe Board member from February 2019 to date.
- Legal Resources Foundation Board Member from March 2017.
- Chairman of the Falcon College Pension Fund Board of Trustees.
Promise Ncube has been the City of Bulawayo‘s town solicitor since 2000 and has a keen interest in Real Estate.
– In her first year of practice she was with Messrs James, Moyo- Majwabu and Nyoni prior to joining Coghlan and Welsh in 2009.
– A self motivated and hardworking individual. Sitha has distinguished herself in labour and commercial law.
– She is a Board Member of the Zimbabwe Investment Development Agency.
– She is a Board Member of the Africa Union Sports Council
– She is a Board Member of the Harvest House International Church and Accelarate Afrique.
– She is a Trustee for the Coghlan and Welsh Pension Fund.
– Chipo Bhebe graduated from the University of Zimbabwe where she obtained a Bachelor of Law Honours (LLBS) in 2003 and began practising in November 2003. She joined Coghlan and Welsh in 2011 and heads the Family Law and Deceased Estates Department.
– She is currently a Board Member and Human Resources Committee Chair of Zimbabwe Women’s Microfinance Bank.
– Former Trustee of the Coghlan and Welsh Pension Fund.
– Former Secretary of the Bulawayo Legal Practitioners Association.
– Former Secretary of the St Mary’s Anglican Church Diocese Bulawayo.
– A former Board Member of Zimbabwe Women Lawyers Association.
– Chipo also has a keen interest in labour law.
– She joined Coghlan and Welsh in 2007.
– Esther’s areas of speciality are labour and commercial law.
– She sits on the Board of Mater Dei Hospital.
– Norman graduated from the University of Zimbabwe in 2006 with a Law Honours Degree (LLBS) and joined Coghlan and Welsh in 2011.
– With over thirteen (13) years post qualification practical experience, Norman has become vastly competent in various aspects of the law.
– He furthered his studies and holds a Masters in International and Trade Law (LLM) from Nottingham Trent University in the UK (2019).
– He is the Head of the Firm’s Criminal Law division and has a keen interest in liquidations and contract law.
– He has been the Head of Conveyancing department since 2007 and is arguably one of the leading conveyancers in the country.
– Over the years, he has acquired a lot of experience in company law, estate administration and debt collection.
– Whilst within in the Firm, Herbert has since studied for and obtained a law degree with the University of South Africa. He graduated in April 2013.
– He is an avid soccer follower having played for Zimbabwe Saints Football Club between 1977 and 1980.
– Rock solid and motivated, Herbert is a leader m his area of expertise.
– Whilst in the Firm, Sheperd studied for and obtained a law degree law with the University of South Africa (LLBS). He completed his studies in 2010. He proceeded to obtain a Masters (LLM) in Extractive Industries with the University of Pretoria 2018.
– Sheperd’s focal areas of practice are mining, energy and environmental law involving the extractive industries, conveyancing and administrative law.
– An avid and committed golfer.
– Sheperd sits on the Board of Golf Association.
– Sheperd sits on the Board Harry Allen Golf Club.
– He is a Trustee of the following trusts – the Blue Diamond Trust, the Nehemiah Trust, the Vincent Denhere Trust.
– Editor of the Horizon Magazine.
– He is a Board member of the Island Hospice.
– He is a Committee Member of the Bulawayo Legal Practitioners Association.
– Sheperd is captain of the Bulawayo Legal Practitioners Association Football Club.
– Sheperd is currently the Head of the Mining, Energy and Environmental Department of the Firm.
– She graduated with an LLB Hons (Cum laude) from Nelson Mandela University and was a recipient of the Patshoane Henney Gold Medal.
– She was on the Dean’s list from 2011 to 2013 and during the same years was awarded the Best International LLB Student.
– She is a member of the International Golden Key Honour Society and is the current serving treasurer of the Bulawayo Legal Practitioners Association.
– She is an easy going, self-motivated and hardworking individual.
– She was an avid mooter at University and impressed at an international level reaching the quarter finals of the Jessop Mooting Competition in Washington DC.
– She graduated with First Class LLB (Hons) from Great Zimbabwe University (2019) and attended the Mediation Training Program, Illinois, USA in 2016.
– Youngest in the Firm, she is a rising star whose tenacity and diligence are a marvel to watch.
The Entire Staff Team