Promise is the Senior Partner of the firm having joined in 1990 after obtaining his BL (Hons) and LLB with distinction, from the University of Zimbabwe. He is also a graduate of the International Development Law Institute (IDLI), Italy, where he specialised in International Commercial and Public Financing, Public Procurement, International Commercial Contracting of Goods, Services and Civil Works as well as International Trade and Investment. He thus heads and handles the International Commercial and Corporate Portfolio of the firm as well as local Rights offers and other capital raising initiatives, Mergers and Acquisitions, company restructuring and takeovers, Arbitration matters and matters in the Superior Courts such as the High Court, Supreme Court and Constitutional Courts. A member of Chambers Global, the International Bar Association, SADC Layers Association and a Registered Commercial Arbitrator with the Commercial Arbitration Centre of Harare, Promise sits in several boards such as:
- Zimbabwe International Trade Fair Company from March 2017 – Date. (Current Deputy Chairman).
- Ecobank Zimbabwe, Board Member from February 2019 – Date (Chairs the Credit Committee).
- Legal Resources Foundation Board Member from March 2017 – Date.
- Chairman of the Falcon College Pension Fund Board of Trustees from 2016 – Date.
- Falcon College Board Member from March 2005 – Date.
- Zimbabwe Rhodes Scholarship Board Member from June 2010 – 2016 and 2018 – Date. (Has chaired the Board for the past 2 years).
- Suburbs Squash Club Board of Trustees Member from March 2009 – Date.
Promise has been the City of Bulawayo’s Town Solicitor since 2000 and has a keen interest in Real Estate.
Chipo Bhebe graduated from the University of Zimbabwe where she obtained a Bachelor of Law Honours (LLBS) in 2003 and began practising in November 2003. She joined Coghlan and Welsh in 2011 and heads the Family Law and Deceased Estates Department. She is currently a Board Member and Human Resources Committee Chair of Zimbabwe Women’s Microfinance Bank. Chipo is a former Trustee of the Coghlan and Welsh Pension Fund as well as former Secretary of both the Bulawayo Legal Practitioners Associationand the St Mary’s Anglican Church Diocese Bulawayo. She is a former Board Member of Zimbabwe Women Lawyers Association. Chipo also has a keen interest in labour law.
Norman graduated from the University of Zimbabwe in 2006 with a Law Honours Degree (LLBS) and joined Coghlan and Welsh in 2011. With over thirteen (13) years post qualification practical experience, Norman is the head of the Risk, Insolvency and Criminal Law department. He furthered his studies and holds a Masters in International and Trade Law (LLM) from Nottingham Trent University in the UK (2019). He has a keen interest in liquidations and contract law.